Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:06:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Ordainment + Unique Game Object Names Consultation

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Elliott Hird <
> penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On 22 Jan 2009, at 23:44, Tyler wrote:
>>
>>  Maybe the right solution is to call them "Rapiers" without giving them
>>> that
>>> Name explicitly. I mean, are all Contracts named "Contract"? Weapons
>>> shouldn't have names, they should have subcategories. Weapon:Rapier.
>>> Weapon:Well-Sharpened Pencil. Then the rule that prohibits identical
>>> names
>>> makes more sense, and we can leave it be.
>>>

>> no it really is a stupid rule. Nobody can join named Switch right now.
>> Probably.
>

> Arguably there is no Switch named "Switch". They're all named things like
> Influential, Vested, Active, Ownable, etc. And, as I argued before, there
> are multiple switches that have each of these names (e.g. one vested switch
> for each player). The bit about gaining a property being equivalent to
> flipping the switch of the same NAME to on makes me say all this.
>
> That said, I think those switches were created along with Rule 5E42,
> simultaneously, so I don't think they were prevented from existing. 5E42
> only prevents objects from getting the same name as others, not from having
> them.
>
> Have we toyed with any switch rules since E5 started?

Oh, or had a new player join, which should technically create Vested and
Active switches (and probably others). What happens then? (Same deal with
creating a weapon (any weapon, not just a second of a type), with ownale
switches being created all over the place....).

And yes, we have had new players (e.g. Wooble). And weapons. I guess I
should consult on that tomorrow.

Do we not get a player cause e can't get a vested switch? Or do we get a
player without a vested switch? Or am I off base with the switch naming?

Might depend on some precedence thinger...

BP