Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:11:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] I Want It Back Oh Yeah

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2009, at 19:58, Elliott Hird wrote:
>
>  I amend this proposal to read:
>> {{
>> Create a rule titled "Not a Rule" in the category Monsters, Beasts,
>> Poltergeists and Ghouls reading:
>> {
>> This rule cannot be referenced outside of itself in any way, directly or
>> indirectly (e.g., if the rules as a whole are referenced, this rule is not
>> included). Any such references are meaningless and void.
>>
>> This rule takes precedence over every other rule.
>> }
>> }}
>>

> I amend this proposal to read:
> {{
> Append to rule 5E47 (Victory):
> {
> === Win by Indirection ===
>
> Trigger: A player becomes the originator of an occurrence that causes the
> rule titled "Not a Rule" to be repealed, and this repealing was not done by
> a Refresh Proposal, where originator is defined as the submitter of the
> proposal/tweak that repealed it, or the performer of the action that
> repealed it, etc. Further determination of the originator is left to the
> Consultation system.
>
> Victors: The player referred to as the originator in the Trigger.
>
> Prize: SCP-055, as described at http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-055
>
> Cleanup: This Victory Condition is repealed.
>
> }
>
> Create a rule titled "Not a Rule" in the category Monsters, Beasts,
> Poltergeists and Ghouls reading:
> {
> This rule cannot be referenced outside of itself in any way, directly or
> indirectly (e.g., if the rules as a whole are referenced, this rule is not
> included). Any such references are meaningless and void.
>
> This rule takes precedence over every other rule.
> }
> }}

I quite like the idea of having a victory condition like this. Perhaps to
make it tougher, this rule should also specify that it can't be repealed,
destroyed, etc. Can't cease to exist or to be part of the ruleset.

Otherwise the easy way to get rid of it would be to submit an entire ruleset
(e.g. like Make it Better but not as an RP). Also, RPs might become extinct
and replaced by PoOs depending on this nweek's voting.

BP