teucer on Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:00:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Whoa, sorry about that J.

On 1/20/09, comexk@xxxxxxxxx <comexk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/20/09, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 20 Jan 2009, at 14:07, 0x44 wrote:
>>> There never was a Ballotday but the end of a Voting Period is the
>>> end of the nweek unless the Voting Period /begins/ after ballotday.
>>> Since the voting period on Proposals does not begin after
>>> Ballotday, the Voting Period ended at the end of last nweek -
>>> despite not starting.
>>
>> this
>
> I disagree: a period that has not started cannot, by definition, end.
> Attempts to do so merely fail.

Also, the voting period ends at the deadline, which is by definition
sometime after Ballotday, defaulting to the end of the nweek. It would
take that default and end at the end of the nweek (causing the
proposals to fail, as they were never Won) - except that the rules do
not permit it to do so, since in this instance the end of the nweek
was not a time after Ballotday. Ergo, the deadline cannot occur, and
so the voting period cannot end.

 - teucer