Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:46:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Point of Order!

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > B seems to have a pathological aversion to anything along the lines of
> > "emergency actions can be performed via any message sent with the
> > good-faith expectation that all players will receive it".  Personally, I
> > blame a cabal of central-planning apparatchiks.
>
> It goes with the pathological aversion to deregistering players who
> haven't done anything for years, some of whom we don't even have
> functioning email addressed for.

You know, the main reason I never suggested we do that was because I always
figured some inactive players might eventually decide to come back, and they
should be allowed to use the points/macks they'd accumulated in the past.
This happened for Charles, for example.

But now that we've done away with points and reset all macks, there's really
no reason* not to deregister them, given that they don't have any more
assets than they'd get upon joining...

*We should be polite if deregistering them, though, and put in a clause that
says that a player deregistered through whatever mechanism we cook up is
allowed to become a player again at any time (i.e. no "hasn't been a player
in the current or previous nweek" restriction). Otherwise, it would just be
a little mean if Peter or Eugene came back and found that they weren't
allowed to play for 2 nweeks (i.e. a couple months maybe).

BP