James Baxter on Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:54:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Contract...

> From: penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:30:56 +0000
> To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [s-d] [s-b] Contract...
>

> On 12 Jan 2009, at 21:26, M P Darke wrote:
>
> > When an Inhabitant of Grey dies, all their Macks are transferred
> > to Grey
>
> o rly?
>
> Where in the rules is this authorised?

Um...I did something similar to this with Teal (Teal then distributes the macks to all residents of teal)

"Laws can define things which a Resident on them shall or shall not do"

Therefore Laws can state that a Resident shall Transfer mack when they forfeit.

"Laws however may not modify (or grant permission to modify) any gamestate created outside of that set of Laws
unless using an already defined external and legal mechanism."

Mackerel and their transferral is an already defined legal system so it is possible to force Residents of a Colour to give
mackerel to that Colour as they (the Resident and the Colour) are within the scope of those Laws.

It's not as if Laws can just steal people's mackerel, Players must purposefully Square themselves to come within the scope of Laws.