Craig Daniel on Mon, 5 Jan 2009 19:18:28 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Era 5 Emergency 6

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You can only do it once, at the start of an emergency. After that, it
>> goes up by 1 at midnight every day, and you can't intend if it's been
>> incremented in the past 24 hours, which means your intents can never
>> happen again.
>>
>> Unless, of course, I'm misreading something.
>>

> Once per day, the Emergency Coordinator may announce to the Emergency forum
> their intention to increment the pause. If no PEP voices objection to this
> action on the Emergency Forum within 24 hours, then the value of the Pause
> is incremented by one.

You're right.

Didn't that used to be worded in a stupid and broken fashion? I could
have sworn it was. Or maybe I was just getting confused by there being
rules about what happens if it's never been incremented in 24 hours
when that can't happen thanks to the automatic midnight increment.

 - teucer