Craig Daniel on Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:52:45 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Assignments of Consultations 179-187

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Whether they're destroyed or not, there definitely is a rules basis for
>> them no longer being owned by you if they exist.
>>

> 5E2 "All Ownable Game Objects have an Owner, which is either a Legal Entity
> or Nobody. Game Objects are said to be "in possession of" their Owner."
>
> 5E29 "Only Legal Entities can own mackerel."
>
> To "own" an object is not defined in the rules. If it were, only Legal
> Entities could do it to mackeral.
>
> Macks are, however, "in the possession of" either a Legal Entity or Nobody.
>
> Since the Legal Entity ehird does not exist, the macks must be "in the
> possession of" Nobody, although this does not mean that Nobody "owns" the
> macks.
>
> CONSISTENT.

Of course, CONSISTENT means they don't exist, and thus aren't in the
possession of Nobody. So your argument and your reasoning are mutually
contradictory.

(I don't think this should be a Paradox, but I do think judging it as
Charles did is silly.)