Charles Schaefer on Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:25:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal revision

2008/12/29, Jay Campbell bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Change the final line of 5E17 to { "The Fifth Era of B Nomic is the time
> starting with nweek 153 (2 Dec 2008) when Make It Better passed. The Second
> Fifth Era of B Nomic (E5B) started nweek 154 (29 Dec 2009) and continues to
> today. }
>
> Create a new Essential rule titled "The Mao Protectorate" with the text {
> There exists an External Force known as the Secret Ruleset. A Player may
> take any game action authorized by the Secret Ruleset. The External Force at
> email address bitty.babal@xxxxxxxxx is the definitive interpreter of the
> Secret Ruleset, and will reveal whether actions claiming the authority of
> the Secret Ruleset work or not on request. This rule takes precedence over
> all other rules, and may not be modified except per the Secret Ruleset.
> [[The Secret Ruleset is intended to add some fun to the game in a way that
> could only be added by a dictatorship; players may be able to deduce some of
> its contents by observing which actions are made under it.]] }
>
> Assign the rule "The Mao Protectorate" the number -1.

This is a bit much. If you want to add some form of blind nomic, do it via
Law, Proposal, Contract (there he goes again with the contracts...), etc.

PS: There is a minor problem with part of your RP which would prevent it
from taking effect. I'll tell you what it is so you can revise it, but I
want a Trophy too.

PS2: And maybe you should make all players PEPs, instead of the other way
around.