0x44 on Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:00:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Laser sharpener

comex wrote:
No, the Laws are giving me the ability (but not permission) to do
stuff with the laser sharpener; Rule 5E48 recognizes this
ability-grant and applies it.  The Laws are not doing anything
themselves.  I couldn't amend the Laws to say 'One second after this
amendment is enacted, the Rules are amended s.t.'... it wouldn't work.
 I have to personally trigger the Pause-change using the laser
sharpener.
"Laws however may not modify (or grant permission to modify) any gamestate created outside of that set of Laws unless using an already defined external and legal mechanism." The object created in your Law cannot modify the Pause because it does not use the already defined external mechanism.

0x44;