Alex Smith on Thu, 18 Dec 2008 06:43:38 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Yet another Grid idea (proto-proto)

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 16:21 +0000, Elliott Hird wrote:
> On 17 Dec 2008, at 16:16, Ed Murphy wrote:
>
> > Having this interact with Life would be particularly interesting.
> > But I
> > think we should contract the grid (so it can be viewed all at once,
> > and
> > to push islands of power further toward interacting).
>
> Life is just too random; Colours averaging out makes little sense as
> they're just identifiers. I would support ihope's idea of Go.
Well, it would cause squares to end up coloured but not with any
particular colour, which is about right. (I've set up simulations of
this sort of competitive Life, and they were quite interesting;
generally speaking aiming things at your opponent led to a huge buffer
of intermediate-coloured useless debris, which sounds about right for
the aftermath of a war.)
--
ais523