Ed Murphy on Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:33:39 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Yet another Grid idea (proto-proto)

ehird wrote:

> Life is just too random; Colours averaging out makes little sense as
> they're just identifiers. I would support ihope's idea of Go.

Colours averaging out is only used if there's no majority among the
neighbors, in which case it (usually) creates a new Colour.  (Any
proposal to convert to HighLife should also change "majority" to
"plurality", btw.)

I didn't see ihope's idea, how would that work?  Alternatively, why
not just use a different method in each quadrant?