Roger Hicks on Wed, 17 Dec 2008 08:31:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultations on the Pencil Sharpener

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 15:58, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> {Question: Are the answers to Pondered Consultations correct, after
> the Consultations become Pondered?
> Unbeliever: ehird
> Arguments: if not, then what the fuck is the point of Consultations?

Tsk, tsk....if this were Agora I'd dock you a prop for language.

I believe that pondered consultations have no effect whatsoever on the
game (other than perhaps making clear which of the current quantum
gamestates is the correct one). In 3rd era there was a clause that
said "the answer to pondered consultations shall guide future play" or
some such. In 4th era it was changed to create the Oracularity system
which allowed Priests the opportunity to implement the changes
effected by their answer and reasoning. However, this appears to have
been stripped out of the rule since I left B several months back. A
shame if you ask me because (at least for those players who understood
it) it worked rather nicely.

BobTHJ