Craig Daniel on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:34:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Amendment

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2008, at 18:25, M P Darke wrote:
>
>> Rule 5E47: VictoryPart of this rule reads:
>>  Win By Mackerel
>> Trigger: At the beginning of a Winday [[nday 2]], at least one
>> Player possesses at least 5000 mackerel.
>> Victors: The player with the greatest number of mackerel, or all players
>> tied for
>> the greatest number of mackerel.
>> Prize: A gleaming steel rapier. (but not the Weapon)
>> Cleanup: None /* this should possibly be changed */
>>
>> I propose that the statement "None" be changed to "The Victor(s) shall
>> destroy all his Macks except 100 before the next Winday." /*The comment can
>> be removed at this point*/I intend that this change happens in a Jiffy
>> without objection and 3 supporters.
>
> I object, even though this makes no sense and you haven't figured out
> newlines yet.

For the record, the correct way to make changes like that quickly is
to submit them as Tweaks and intend to activate them. Thus:

"I intend, without objection, to activate the following Tweak:
{In rule 5E47, in the section headed "Win By Mackerel", replace the
text {Cleanup: None /* this should possibly be changed */} with
{Cleanup: The Victor's Mackerel are destroyed, except for 100.}}"

At the moment, we normally do these by proposal rather than by tweak
(thus it can't be stopped by one objection), although those take until
the end of the nweek and this one has seemed like it might never end.

 - teucer