Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:11:21 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Enforce Fines

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Elliott Hird <
penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2008, at 04:03, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
>
>  I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Enforce Fines":
>>

> AGAINST; we can jail non-fine-accepters

we can, but that is a really long process. from the time an individual is
convicted and given a fine, it would take 4 ndays of waiting to see whether
or not e pays the fine within a jiffy, then a minimum of 4 more ndays of
consulting to affirm that indeed, e did not pay the fine within a jiffy,
thus we should throw em in jail.

That's 8 ndays if we're really efficient. That essentially means that anyone
convicted at the start of the nweek can effectively delay payment and stay
our of jail until the start of the next voting period. We should have a more
responsive mechanism than this.

BP