Craig Daniel on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:21:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Squaredness is mandatory

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds good. However, I'd suggest two changes:
>
> 1) give new players / those who are unsquared after this proposal passes a
> grace period of a few ndays. Let them decide where to go rather than allow
> other players to square them immediately.

I fully expect that if it looks likely to pass there won't be many
unsquareds left when it does. As for newbies - "I join the game, with
the name foo. I set my square to (bar,baz)."

> 2) so we don't litter the board with inactive players, restrict the squaring
> of unsquared players to others to the squaring of active unsquared players.

Yes, that sounds good to me. Update forthcoming.