Tyler on Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:11:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] MoQ Report - Consultations 155-160 Priest Assignments

 Well, seeing as I already did the work, I'll let ehird decide if he wants
to use parts of my reasoning. Here is how I would answer it:

TRUE, with the following Reasoning:

It seems the most significant Rule that applies here is 5E29 (Mackerel),
which says, among other things, "Players with less than 50 mackerel are
Bums." So the question becomes, does any Player have 50 mackerel or more?
Some would say this is analogous to, does any Player own 50 mackerel or
more?

According to Rule 29, Mackerel is a Currency. And according to Rule 28,
(Currency,) "All Currencies are Ownable and Transferrable."
Rule 5E2, before ais523's Refresh Proposal was passed, read, in part, "All
Game Objects have a Switch called Ownable, defaulting to Off.

"All Ownable Game Objects have an Owner, which is either a Legal Entity or
Nobody. Game Objects are said to be "in possession of" their Owner."

Once his RP was passed, however, 'Ownable' was not defined by the rules. I
would expect that any word not defined in the rules that has a perfectly
unambiguous meaning in English would be interpreted by that meaning.
Therefore, 'Ownable' means that something can be owned. Specifically,
mackerel can be owned.

Did anyone own 50 or more mackerel, however? ais523's Refresh Proposal,
among other things, did this: " Destroy all mackerel. Cause all players to
gain m100. "

Does gaining mackerel increase what you own? Traditionally, the word "gain"
has had a broad meaning. Rule 4E34 (Mackerel) before Era Five began said,
"At the beginning of each nweek, each player who has the Active Property
gains m25." Back then, mackerel was defined as an attribute; the individual
macks were not separate objects. However, the meaning of gaining mackerel
was obvious. It is no less obvious in the new context of the Fifth Era.

Conclusion: Mackerel are Currency, Currency are ownable. All Players gained
100m, and thus began to own the same m100, and thus were 'with' more than
m50, and thus were not Bums. Without evidence to the contrary, I believe
that there are players who still have that m100. So to this Consultation I
give an answer of:

TRUE

>  >
> > This is Consultation 157. I assign it to Priest Ty-Guy6. Oh the
> suspense...
> >

> I assign this Consultation (157) to Priest ehird.
>

> > MoQ Billy Pilgrim

 -Tyler