comex on Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:19:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] ais523's Refresh Proposal

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Only if you're the Grand Poobah.  And if Agora elects /you/ Grand
> Poobah, then it deserves what it gets.  :)

Hmm... I wouldn't have voted for that proposal had I realized its
implications.  On my part though, it's my policy not to abuse
positions of trust.*

> The opposing interpretation is that an incorrect "resolution" isn't
> really a resolution at all, until/unless auto-self-ratification makes
> it become correct.  Auto-self-ratification of a correct resolution is
> a no-op, so 2034.2 doesn't apply.

Um.

Somehow, up to now, I _consistently_ read "an Agoran decision has been
resolved" as "the voting period of an Agoran decision has ended".

* (That doesn't mean I can't abuse offices, just positions of trust.
I would object to burying scams in reports and Poobah pragma-evil, but
not to Goethe's old Deckmastor scam [1], ais523's
Monster-can-do-anything scam, or my nomination of AFO for Assessor for
the Scam.  Rigging Bayes was pushing it.)

Anyway... I'll stop talking about Agora on the B list.

[1] http://www.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-business/2004-May/002849.html