Tyler on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:58:56 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] MathNauts?

I think you're right, but I don't see why we can't just play the game
without any formal Rules, so long as there is no Pocket Calculator trophy. I
think that's the only thing tying MathNauts to the formality of anything
like a Contract. If we want the trophy, we'll have to propose something
formally at one point or another.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Charles Schaefer
> <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > I was looking forward to this. If anyone still wants to play:
> > 1. We could vote contracts back and play via contract (yes, I know, I
> keep
> > arguing for contracts)
> > 2. We could vote subgames back (it was a shame they didn't get much use.
> > agree with ehird's sentiment about lack of gameplay being a large factor
> in
> > the fourth-era collapse.)
> > 3. We could try to do it on the Grid (I've read the Grid rule, but
> haven't
> > taken the time to fully comprehend it yet. The potential problem I see is
> > this: Players can only be bound to one set of Laws at a time. We couldn't
> > play MathNauts and, say, Werewolves at the same time.)
>

> I'd like to do mathnauts, yes. That said, I'd like to take a little time
> first to get my bearings on the grid (I also haven't read all the new b
> mail
> yet, so who knows if we're in yet another (4th for 152-1) emergency)...
>
> I'm not sure about this, but I think that we could potentially be bound by
> more than one "contract" (colour) on the grid at once, where the contracts
> are things that we have some sort of interest in "winning" rather than ones
> that simply restrict our rights/powers. e.g. say a certain number of
> players
> standing on orange squares start a game, and I am one of them. I later,
> during the game, move out of orange squares to go mess with the yellow
> folk.
> I *think* (and need to reread) that the game on orange, if it is properly
> set up, can very well continue to track me and my actions as part of its
> internal gamestate without requiring me to be present and without imposing
> any requirements or restrictions on me. And, if need be for that game, I
> should very well make sure I get myself back onto an orange square every
> once-a-jiffy.
>
> BP

 -Tyler