Tyler on Wed, 3 Dec 2008 00:38:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] MoM and Contracts

It is obvious you are trying to create a rule, but your proposal should
probably say so. That being said, I'm all for the resurrection of Contracts.
Please allow Contracts to optionally specify other ways that they can be
modified or destroyed, and allow Things to be referenced from outside of the
Contracts' respective scopes. (So that Priests don't just say the Things
don't exist and drop the case.) Thank you for risking Bumhood to bring back
Contract Law!

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> If the Ministry of Ministries is vacant, I assign it to myself.
>
> I submit the following proposal entitled "Contracts Rejiggered" {
>
> A Player may create a uniquely named Game Document known as a Contract.
> Players who are bound by a Contract are known as Parties to that contract.
> Contracts may be modified with the explicit approval of all parties. A
> Contract may specify ways for Players to become, or cease to become, Parties
> to it, which must involve the explicit posting to the Public Forum the
> sentence "I become a party to " (or "I cease to be a party to ") plus the
> name of the Contract.
>
> When a Party becomes obligated by a Contract to perform a specific game
> action, any Player may Trigger that action on the Public Forum, causing the
> obligated Party to attempt it.
>
> Contracts may create Things, which are Game Objects that exist only within
> the scope of that Contract. Things may be referenced from other contexts.
> Things may not be created with the same name as any existing Game Object.
> Any object or state that a Contract claims to create which
> is not authorized by the Rules is considered a Thing.
>
> There exists a Ministry known as the Ministry of Business. The Minister of
> Business, also known as the Arbiter, is responsible for maintaining a Public
> Display of all Contracts and their current text, parties and other game
> state. The Minister may delegate authority and responsibility of maintaining
> a specific Contract's Public Display to any Party of that Contract.
>
> If a Contract has no Parties, any Player may cause it to cease to be a Game
> Object.
>
> }

 -Tyler