Jay Campbell on Fri, 28 Nov 2008 17:18:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal: Fix Era 4

0x44 wrote:
> Jay Campbell wrote:
>
>> When a Party becomes obligated by a Contract to perform an unambiguous
>> action, any Player may send a message to the Public Forum causing that
>> Party to attempt to perform that action.
>>
> I think it would be better if only other Parties to a Contract were able
> to force a player to take an action obligated by a Contract.

I was only trying to slow down the effects of contract automation. But
without some sort of artificial compulsion, obligations by contract
grind to a halt waiting on an oracularity. (At least oracularities are
better than when contract infractions were only punishable by fines.)

I create a contract: "Noone else may join. If J sneezes, he is obligated
to pay everyone m100." As it stands, that contract requires an
oracularity to move the macks if I don't cooperate. It's a
straightforward game action, so anyone should be able to trigger it.

That was the thought, anyway.