Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:06:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Refresh TODO list

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > Might as well get it out in the open: we co-ordinated Calming if your RP
> > looked likely to pass to stop it. Just about everyone I've talked to
> > on IRC
> > (apart from you and I think Wooble) liked my RP.
> >

> Tideman Ranked Pairs don't lie.

They are confusing as all heck though. With the votes as they stood before
the emergency ended, I'm not exactly too sure who would have won... I guess
the emergency rule saying "ranked pairs" is a little too vague, as there
seem to be many methods of determining a winner when there is no single
condorcet winner.

> How can you admit to subverting democracy then claim you're doing the
> will of the people?

Come off it, j!

This is the dude who became calm two minutes after I voted against him thus
casting doubt on his RP's victory :-p

Granted, as ehird said, a lot of people myself included were involved in the
calming. So it's not like I blame j.

BP