Elliott Hird on Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:23:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Refresh Proposal Ballot

On 27 Nov 2008, at 22:16, Charles Schaefer wrote:

> 2008/11/27, Elliott Hird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> On 27 Nov 2008, at 21:59, Jay Campbell wrote:
>>> That's the entire point, to handle agreements between players
>>> that the
>>> broader rules don't.
>>
>> It's just too specific to be interesting.
>

> Contracts themselves, maybe. What people do with contracts is very
> interesting. (From a sociology perspective, if nothing else)

I do not want to eliminate that sort of thing entirely, but I think
just plain
contracts are boring.

> If B has descended into a culture of just being Agora, except with
> more
>> broken,
>

> We like to throw logical hand grenades around here. IMO, half the
> fun of
> playing nomic is causing confusion and then trying to exploit the
> emergency
> procedures (and other things) to our own ends.

naturally. But interesting brokenness this is not; just annoying.

> and has become so conservative as to reject things for being too
>> radical,
>

> If you mean your ruleset, I didn't reject the components of it. I just
> thought it was a little much to vote for en bloc.

why? it fixes our crises and gets us on the right track without being
too radical. We're talking about B here, we repealed almost the whole
game a few months ago!

> I would love non-generic gameplay. I think contracts (such as
> Werewolves and
> Guess 2/3) help that happen. So do subgames. And so does your Grid.
> (heck,
> so did Calvinball. Maybe someone should bring out another ball.)

I think contracts could be way more interesting, and probably quite
different,
and i'd vote for them. But I do not like our current style.

> I hope we're not losing your interest. I know that it's inevitible
> to lose
> players to RL sometimes, but I want to make it so lack of interest
> is never
> the cause of a forfeit.

I'm not sure I understand that logic, why would someone play a game
they're
not interested in?

Well, if j's proposal passes I won't forfeit, for the sole reason
that it
doesn't let me.