Geoffrey Spear on Thu, 20 Nov 2008 05:18:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A Better Scam

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 19 Nov 2008, at 21:33, Geoffrey Spear wrote:
>
>> The rules don't say the monster can change the rules.
>
> If the rules can't change the rules, proposals don't work,
> because they're defined in the rules.
>
> The Monster is a rule.
>
> If the Monster can change the rules, then I can cause it to
> change the rules.
>
> Proposals work. Therefore, I can cause the Monster to change
> the rules.

This isn't Agora.  There's no rule saying that instruments or
rules-in-general can change the rules.  Only rules that say they can
change the rules can do so, and they must say so explicitly. The
Monster rule does no such thing.
--
Wooble