Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:39:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Black motion

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Taral <taralx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Elliott Hird
> <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 10 @ m190 was my real bid.
>
> You don't have enough macks. What you said looked like "10 @ m19 each".

It does look that way because he transferred just enough points to macks to
hold a total of m190 (plus whatever I haven't given him yet for the nweek
transition).

But since he phrased the bid the exact same way as 0x44 did, we have to
consider that either he bid m190 for each sock and 0x44 bid m120 for each
sock, OR ehird bid m19 for each sock and 0x44 bid m12 for each sock.

In any event the not enough macks objection doesn't fly, since players
didn't need to have the mack in order to place a bet. They just need to come
up with it after they win, and pay up.

PS: before I transfer socks to anyone, even after they've paid, I'll wait
till public displays of MoS and MoB are up-to-date, because I'm currently
uncertain whether different players have the requisite macks to make
payments.

BP

BP