Jay Campbell on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 02:41:05 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] More more automation

More thoughts on that automation script:

I'm going to genericize its idea of objects for ease of adding new
ownable/transferrable types.

Other jobs it could do:
- Proposal color tracking
- Colored proposal profits to corporations
- Sockholder dividends (for some corps, e.g. not Blue)
- Ministry holder tracking, usurping and rewards
- Vote tallying and corporate motion tallying
- Consultation Answer Consistency tallying
- Jury verdict tallying
- Cadavre Exquis, if I ever understand it
- Public Display approval
- Plagued objects

The downside is anything run by the bot becomes less easy to change via
the rules. That's why I'm trying to keep things generic enough that the
rules can change without the storage engine needing to.

Tasks that still require human judgment:
- Proposal editing cycles
- Player activation and inactivation
- Contract editing and party changes
- Ministry of Time
- OCB and the Monster
- Threat flags and emergencies
    (except maybe counting paranoids)

I have a theory that B's perpetual slumps are sometimes triggered by
legislation that creates unmanageable burdens on its ministers.
Automation, and a tendency to craft automatable rules, can give us
interactive gameplay without overloading any ministry inboxes.

For not being a programming nomic, B is set up awfully well for this
sort of thing...