Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:00:07 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] The Responsibility in Government Spending Act

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Warrigal
<ihope127+w@xxxxxxxxx<ihope127%2Bw@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > We don't need a second currency.  Making it more rare won't make it
> > more valuable, since it can't be USED for anything.  Scarcity without
> > utility is pointless.
>
> It's true that scarcity without utility is pointless (unless there are
> enough collectors around, which seems to be the only thing giving
> precious metals their value), but at least this proposal would create
> a currency with a decent amount of scarcity. If I proposed something
> that would create a way to spend our B money, would you vote AGAINST
> because demanding something that isn't scarce is pointless?
>
> On that note, would anyone object to bringing back the RPG or
> something like that?

I'd be up for "something like that", but maybe not for the RPG in its old
form. Not that I didn't like the RPG, it's just that we've already done
that.

Would it be a subgame or a regular part of the game like it was then?

BP