Charles Schaefer on Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:07:46 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Typo in Proposal 503

2008/11/6, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> When the Rules are ratified

Now that I've looked it up, I'm not going to be ratifying the rules for two
reasons:

1. There is no "ratification" procedure in the rules. The process is called
"approval". (Note that this does not prevent proposals and RPs from
"ratifying" PDs, just that doing so is not the same as the "approval"
process.)

2. The approval process is a headache. I wish there was some way to fix it
so it could be more practical. Oh wait, this is a nomic! I could complain
about it enough that someone else submits a proposal to fix it. Or I could
write one myself. What a grand idea! I think I'll do that.

Either way, I assert that my PDs are up to date. (I would do so to Business,
but it turns out that that statement has no effect either)