Ed Murphy on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 21:00:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Emergency

teucer wrote:

> Alternatively: the rule says "notify other PEPs", not "notify all
> other PEPs". That's *wide* open for scamming and should be closed
> immediately if we use it to justify this emergency (and all prior
> ones), but it's how I read the rules as written. So I think we're good
> for now, but by God that one needs fixing.

The most natural interpretation of "notify other PEPs" in this context
seems to be "notify a reasonable number of other PEPs".

Posting to s-b also potentially informs non-subscribed PEPs (due to the
existence of the web archives), though this is a considerably weaker
line of argument.