Craig Daniel on Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:25:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] panic

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Taral <taralx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> No Contract may be submitted whose text is not provided, in
>> unencrypted form, in the e-mail message in which the text is
>> submitted.
>
> I'm not a fan of the use of "unencrypted". Can we use something less
> specific, like "unobscured" or "plain" or ...?

I don't like "plain" because I kind of hope for people to get
creative. I thought the mirror corporation was a neat idea, even if it
was done wrong and was apparently never valid. But I'm happy to amend
the text to better express what is desired. Suggest a proposed rewrite
of that sentence, and unless I see a blatant problem with it I will
amend my EP accordingly.

I'd also love to find a way to avoid establishing English as the
official language of B Nomic (for philosophical reasons) without
leaving room for somebody to go teach themself Klingon and use it to
post "I intend to cause the OCB to give me all of its mackerel"
without us noticing. But I think the only way is to insist on English,
so that's what I proposed.

 - teucer