Jay Campbell on Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:50:01 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Let's try that again while we still can

In my opinion, officers are obligated to act on behalf of their
corporations, but only in ways those corporations themselves may act.
Corporations are subservient to the contracts that define them. The only
way for an entity to be obligated by a contract is to be directly bound
to it, or for a chain of contractual text to delegate control elsewhere.
Naming an entity an officer does not put them under any obligations
except to send notice to the public forum of actions the corporations
themselves are performing under their own authority.