Tyler on Sat, 11 Oct 2008 21:34:58 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] So long, and thanks for all the Fish!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but "A Legal Entity is defined as having
sufficient mack to Usurp a Ministry if it holds at least half that
Ministry's (pre-Usurpation) Reward." It doesn't say anything about having
enough for ALL the Ministries being Usurped combined. Then three things
happen, first he loses mack, but he can't lose all he should, then he gets
your ministries. I don't see any way he could NOT get the three ministries
he is entitled to Usurp, except for Charles to lower his reward.

Yeah, something needs to change in the Usurpation rules.

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > oneself.  "All ministries I can Usurp" does not describe a unique set
> > of targets for ehird's Usurp action.  ehird cannot usurp the set of
> > all ministries with a Reward of less than m70; he can only usurp one
> > of 3 subsets of that set; which subset isn't specified. "I usurp each
> > Ministry I could afford to usurp before I posted this message" seems
> > closer to your interpretation, which might either fail or create a
> > 3-way split in gamestate (if I'm the Priest sorting it out, I'd say it
> > fails as being too vague, but the rules might be written poorly enough
> > to allow for either to be a reasonable interpretation of Doctrine),
> > but as written I'd say the action just fails to accurately describe a
> > valid target at all.
> >

> Agreed. Some sort of "in alphabetical order, I attempt to ..." clause
> would have worked.

 -Tyler