Jay Campbell on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 01:35:30 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] More corporate shenanigans

 >> If it has been less than one hour since a message titled "More corporate
 >> shenanigans" was posted to the public forum:
 >>   { As a Legal Entity, this Corporation creates a Contract titled {
 >> this Corporation's title incremented by one }, with a body the same as
 >> that of Contract "DeepRecursionCorp1" }
 >
 > also, a contract can't take an action like that. game actions are
performed
 > by outsiders (potentially someone allowed to act on behalf of a
corporation)
 > by posting to the public forum.

I stacked up a big counter-argument but I'll just accept that this is
one of the nuances I've been missing. Although the Rules say Legal
Entities can perform various Game Actions, only a subset (players) can
actually cause them to happen.

I had been reading it backwards: that because the Rules mention certain
Game Actions being triggered without the public forum being involved,
Corporations were technically able to trigger them as well using their
status as Legal Entities. Sounded plausible to me, at least.

What about the crontab approach: one bajillion times, { I perform all
Game Actions required of me by J's Holding Company and pause for one
second. }

 > I don't think that actually fetches money from 4e69.

It says "the XXX Corporation (where XXX is the color of that Proposal)
has its macks increased by m100". I have a Black Corporation, since
corporation names don't have to be unique. It doesn't specify it has to
be a Laundry Corporation as defined in 4e68, just named correctly. On
the face of it, at least one Black Corporation gets m100, and not
necessarily the original Black Corporation.