Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:21:23 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] MetaRules and Ideals

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, I decided to begin to enumerate what I think make up the foundation of a
> nomic (MetaRules) and of a good nomic (Ideals), in turn. See my Player page
> for details.

The only metarule should involve bootstrapping.  Probably something
along the lines of "one or more people CAN start a nomic with a given
starting ruleset with unanimous consent of all of them."

Suber argued rather effectively against metarules; the whole point of
nomic is that all of the rules should be negotiable once the game has
begun.
--
Wooble