Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:34:11 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: MathFlag

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Phil Ulrich <phil.ulrich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would at the beginning of the next nweek, when it would go from p*x=x
> to p*x=100x.

That only applies to vacant ministries.

Tyler wrote:
> > What if I made p=the MoM's reward value? p*x would never be figured out!
> (It
> > would always be p*x=x.)

Then you'd be making the other team's life too easy! :-D

The way to win MathFlag is NOT to decipher the other team's expression. The
way to win MathFlag IS to be able to predict the result of the expression
given a certain input (speaking of which, note to self, add in provision
saying that expression values in the Challenge Stage are to be computed
using the value of each "p" AT THE MOMENT THE CHALLENGE WAS ISSUED, rather
than when computing occurs. Otherwise it'd be too easy for a team to go mess
with a variable just to throw off the other team's guesses).

So, if your p is 1, you might as well not have a p (which you're free to do,
really).

BP