Tyler on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:23:57 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] BlackCorp Motion: Change 'member' to 'Voting Sockholder'

Sorry, the 2nd motion in the thread is invalid. It has to be in it's own
thread, I believe. Now I'll put it there, by the name "BlackCorp Motion:
member to VS draft 2"

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Oh, and since Voting Sockholder is a privilege and bears no duties or
> limitations, one doesn't need to have a way to get out of it by
> announcement. We can add that later if you really want to.
>

> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  Ok, as per Billy Pilgrim's sensible dissent quoted at the bottom of this
>> message, I will change the wording of my Motion, and submit it afresh. I
>> don't intend to resolve the first draft, and I vote AGAINST it. And let's
>> hope 0x44 doesn't shoot this one down.
>>
>>  I submit the following Motion for Black Corporation:
>> {
>> Make the following Amendments to the Articles of Incorporation:
>>
>> Change Paragraph 2 to read:
>> "
>> A Voting Sockholder is an object defined by this Contract, and can be
>> referred to as a VS. Only a Player may become a Voting Sockholder, and only
>> as specified in this Contract. A Voting Sockholder ceases to be a Voting
>> Sockholder if and only if: he ceases to be a Player OR he ceases to own a
>> Black Sock. If a Player is a member (a term previously used by this
>> Contract) of this Contract or Corporation he ceases to be so and becomes
>> instead a Voting Sockholder.
>> "
>>
>> Throughout all paragraphs, with the exception of paragraph 2, change all
>> instances of "member" to "Voting Sockholder", and "members" to "Voting
>> Sockholders".
>>
>> Change Paragraph 8 to read:
>> "
>> 8. All Voting Sockholders are to ensure the continued success of the Black
>> Corporation by changing Proposal Colors to Black. The Figurehead is
>> responsible for Maintaining Maximum Morale!
>> "
>> }
>>

>> --
>>  -Tyler
>>

>>> Since "according to this Contract" is quite vague, even dangerous (and
>>> because j can then hop in), I post the following Motion in Black
>>> Corporation:
>>> {
>>> Amend the Articles of Incorporation by replacing, in Paragraph 2, the
>>> following passage:
>>> {{
>>> A Player may become a Voting Sockholder according to this Contract. A
>>> Voting
>>> Sockholder ceases to be a Voting Sockholder if and only if: he ceases to
>>> be
>>> a Player OR he ceases to own a Black Sock.
>>> }}
>>> with:
>>> {{
>>> A Player who owns at least one Black Sock may become a Voting Sockholder
>>> by
>>> announcement. A Voting Sockholder may cease to be a Voting Sockholder

--
 -Tyler