Jamie Dallaire on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 16:19:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Switch-be-gone

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 10:16 AM, ehird <penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 5 Oct 2008, at 14:52, Charles Schaefer wrote:
> > I submit this Tidiness List:
> > Change "e" to "he" in rule 4E53.
>
> I understand you guys don't like Spivak but let's not be genderist...

I enjoy Spivak and voted against getting rid of it, but:

Rule 4E38 <http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Rule_4E38>: Pronouns

All personal pronouns shall be taken to refer to entities of any gender or
of no gender regardless of the purported gender of the words used. Language
intended to apply only to members of a specific gender must explicitly say
that it does so.