Tyler on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:31:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Let's make Black Corp business more transparent.

Oh, if you didn't intend to be sneaky, 0x44, I'm sorry for being so
suspicious. I also forgot about BP's other two Socks, and thought you were
going for absolute control. Let's give you a trophy for being sneaky on
accident.

I might as well tell you then, that your recent transaction failed. X
rdays is defined as the interval until X occurrences of midnight UTC. (Rule
14, Durations) I got your Motion resolved (passed unanimously) as soon as
midnight rolled around, and then voted for and resolved my own, which passed
2:0 and overrided your own change. See my message on Oct. 3, which I quoted
below this message for your convenience. Lucky coincidence on my part, eh?

Well, I don't like the direction you're going in with
more-socks-more-power-more-mack; it feels like a step backward after BP
removed it to make this a work co-op. But if BP wants to take it that way
with you, I can't do anything. I own a sock on borrowed mack anyway. It's
BP's choice.

I'm going to do a big update to the Black Corp page to show you how I think
it is, and if you disagree, we can always undo it.

I wrote on Oct 3:

> I resolve my Motion to dividend m300 and make me Figurehead. It fails.
>
> At 00:02 UTC October 5, I perform the following in Black Corporation:
> {
> I vote FOR on 0x44's Motion (to change Paragraph 3) It automatically
> resolves and is enacted.
> I vote FOR on my Motion quoted below. I resolve the same Motion. It is
> enacted. (as long as we don't get any new Voting Sockholders any time soon,
> who might vote against it.)
> }
>

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Notice I'm keeping the change 0x44 made, but I removed the double quote.
>> The only other change is that voters can change their vote any time.
>>
>> I submit the following Motion in Black Corporation:
>> {
>> Amend the Black Corporation Articles of Incorporation Paragraph 3 to read:
>> "
>> 3. Any Voting Sockholder may attempt to amend this contract by posting a
>> Motion by announcement within its own message thread. The Motion is a Game
>> Document and should specify a list of Contract Actions. Each Voting
>> Sockholder may cast a single vote FOR, AGAINST, or ABSTAIN on this
>> contract's Motions, and may change his cast vote at any time. After two full
>> rdays, the Voting Sockholder who initiated the Motion may resolve that
>> Motion. If a Motion is not resolved in six full rdays after it is announced
>> it automatically fails. When a Motion is resolved if the total number of FOR
>> votes is greater than the number of AGAINST votes the changes described in
>> the Motion are enacted. If at any time all Voting Sockholders have voted FOR
>> a Motion, and it has not failed, it is automatically resolved.
>> "
>> }
>>
>> I do not yet vote for this Motion, because I want it resolved after
>> 0x44's, of course. And I will vote for 0x44's Motion when I know I can get
>> this one resolved immediately after.
>>
>> --
>>  -Tyler
>>
> --