Jay Campbell on Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:33:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] hostile takeovers

Jamie Dallaire wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> The text from that earlier version:
>>
>> "A Potential Sockholder may become a member of this contract by
>> announcement or by purchasing a Black sock."
>>
>> I had already purched a black sock, automatically wrapping me into
>> membership -- one interpretation.
>>

> That earlier version only existed after you purchased a Black sock. Before
> that, the "or by purchasing a Black sock" part was absent. I added it in
> after becoming a member by announcement, and subsequently Ty-Guy 6 and then
> 0x44 became members.

I bought those black socks way back when all the contracts where
generic, as I recall. It was only the Brick Red and Baby Blue I was
trying to purchase in this week's corporate holdings raid.

I'm saying that if "by purchasing a Black sock" was in there at any
time, I became a member by virtue of already holding a black sock. The
opposing way to read it is, "by purchasing a [new] Black sock" but
stocks don't conventionally work that way.

Get me in the members list and I'll start changing proposals to Black.