Roger Hicks on Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:47:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Consultation: Consultation Answer Effects?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I submit the following Consultation, and, as the MoQ, give it the number 129
> and assign it to Priest Wooble:
>
> "Does a Priest's Answer of YES, NO, or PARADOX to a Consultation assigned to
> him have any effect on the game after the Consultation has become pondered,
> assuming there were not more claims of Inconsistency than claims of
> Consistency?"
>
> Reasoning: "The Rule 18 says, in part, "The selected Priest shall find
> inspiration in his knowledge of the Rules and, as a Game Action, Answer his
> assigned Consultation YES, NO, or , in cases where neither of these two
> answers can potentially be logically correct, PARADOX, causing it to become
> Answered." However, the Rule does not explain what purpose the Answer
> serves. I believe in the mystical realm to which Consultations belong, but I
> don't entirely understand it."

The answer used to have bearing on future gameplay, but we removed
that portion of the rule. Now their only effect is to definitively set
the past gamestate. If any changes need to be made to present
gamestate or rules adjustments for further play those should be
completed as part of the Oracularity.

BobTHJ