Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:18:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] take THIS, causality!

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM, ihope <ihope127@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 12:16 PM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Maybe we should start drafting the initial rules for C Nomic? We could
> > make the ministers the heads of the corporations, and let sock holders
> > choose their ministers?
>
> I propose those at http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Rules, modulo the name
> of the game and any modifications we want to make.

Hehe. In all seriousness, I'm hoping we will keep the game of B going
although starting anew with C could present some interesting avenues. I like
the framework we have now in terms of the possibilities for group formation
(contracts, corps, sock corps in particular) and was thinking that it might
be fun to try basing a nomic (C?) predominantly around team play rather than
have individuals look out for their own winning potential only. And the
thing I like about the sock corps as a conceptual basis for this is that we
don't have set teams (they can change rapidly) and that the teams are not
exclusive (one can be a member of many teams). I think that might make for
some interesting dynamics, where players are more or less free to move from
one team to another, or to belong to many teams in equal or different
proportions (if of course there's some form of cost to joining a team,
involvement in a team roughly corresponds maybe to how much one decides to
invest in that team). It's a vague idea thus far but it seems to hold
promise.

BP