Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:22:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] 0x44's refresh proposal.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I submit the following Refresh Proposal:
>
> {{
> Set the gamestate to what it would be if all of the Public Displays
> published before the State of Emergency began were correct at the time
> they were published.
>
> In Rule 4E53, at the end of the first paragraph, insert the text
> "Unless the rules explicitly state otherwise, a Minister has the power
> to make any changes to Game Objects strictly necessary to fulfill his
> Obligations." Then, at the start of the next paragraph change "ny" to
> "Any".
>
> Designate the Forum consisting of the mailing list with the address
> spoon-notices@xxxxxxxxx as a Private Forum.
>
> }}

OK. I was going to write something up but that about covers what I wanted to
do, I think :-) The only other change I'd make, and I guess will submit as
part of a separate RP unless u want to insert it yourself, is in the clock
changes section of the rules. Either removing the bit about all ministerial
obligations having to be fulfilled before the clock is on, OR making it
clear that this refers only to ministerial obligations relative to the nweek
transition (e.g. publishing voting results, updating the rules, updating
points/macks, etc.)

Oh, also, I'm not sure the clock itself is a public display. If everything
we did since some bygone era is illegal/invalid, we might not be on nweek
145. Perhaps the RP should set the clock to nweek 145, nday 1, ndelay 0.

BP