Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:04:09 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] A few actions

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> BEGIN TRANSACTION
> Assertion: In the above-quoted message, ehird came to hold several
> Ministries by performing the game actions nessesary to take them over.
> (paying points, usurping, etc.)
> Assertion: ehird's deregistration left these Ministries vacant.
> Action: I take all vacant Ministries which I am legally allowed to by
> announcement.
> END TRANSACTION

Failed Transaction. ehird, having no points, held at most 1 ministry (Law,
which I believe was vacant). Oh wait, scratch that, he probably also took my
ministries since many of them were at 0 or negative retainer.

My vote is that we ignore what ehird just did and allow him to deregister.
We are in an emergency anyway, and there is no action or series of actions
that ehird could have done to end the emergency. We can simply ratify
gamestate as it should be without his string of actions in our RPs.

Note to the Emergency Coordinator. There likely exists a Refresh Proposal,
submitted by ehird, that reads "a". All subsequent attempts to submit
proposals like "aa" and "aaa" failed since he can't resubmit, while Revising
is alphabetically earlier than Submitting. Maybe it doesn't read "a",
depending how we feel about the alphabetical ordering of other types of
characters such as "." and "*".

> Note: This may not include all Ministries. He could not legally
> usurp Ministries in which the Ministers were his twins.
>
> Question:
> 4E0 (#2) states: "The PEP who most recently held the Minister of Ministries
> becomes the Emergency Coordinator."
>
> Since 0x44 and ehird were not twins, I now hold the MetaMinistry. Does this
> mean I become E.C. since I have held in more recently than 0x44? The
> Emergency rule says that when enough PEPs are paranoid, "the following
> Procedure happens". It never specifies that each element in the procedure
> needs to happen in order. (so we can't assume that since 3 and 4 have
> already happened we aren't allowed to go back to 2)

I dont think you can be the EC unless B Nomic is perpetually becoming in a
State of Emergency. And it's silly to say that it's becoming like that if it
already is.

BP