Mike Hammond on Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:05:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Rule change proposals: Competition in the Sock Market

> > >        All Socks with the same Sock Color always have the same Mortal
Enemy, or no Mortal Enemy at all.

>  Why is Mortal Enemy an attribute of Socks rather than possible Sock
Colors, then?

Because Socks are Game Objects, and Sock Colors are not.  Sock Colors are
attributes of Socks, and attributes, as near as I can tell, can not have
additional attributes of their own.  I supposed if we passed a rule that all
Attributes are Game Objects, then we could do that.

So I tried to stay in the object framework of the game, and tried to craft
my proposal to ensure that all socks of the same color always have the same
mortal enemy.

> > > I propose the modification of rule 4E80: Laundress as follows.  This
proposal has a Proposal Color of Blue:

> > > *       Replace "including the color of proposals. " with "including
the color of proposals and the Mortal Enemy of each color of Sock."

> I think there's no need for this to be part of a separate proposal.

I assumed each Rule that needs changing would need a separate proposal - no?

MCTMike