Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 29 May 2008 11:55:31 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Proposal: Piece the Corporate Veil

I like the no-voting till you pay up idea. I think the only problem with
BobTHJ's wording is that destroying macks (I think) is not an established
Game Action. There should be a specific Game Action written into the rules
called something like Paying a Fine. Otherwise, the Rules don't provide any
way to actually destroy macks other than sinking them into things that could
actually be useful (for example when I purchase a device from the MoG the
macks "cease to exist").

Also the Corp responsibility does need to happen. Perhaps it could be set up
so that all Officers of a Corp are equally responsible for criminal acts
UNLESS the Corps articles declare otherwise (so your corp, Wooble, could
divvy up responsibility in any way it sees fit.). The Officers can be held
personally responsible and be obligated to pay the fines rather than have it
come out of company money.

Unless I didn't quite understand Wooble's point, I'm not sure bringing back
the "without objection" part is the way to go.  A Player still, currently,
has control of whether or not they join any contract, but no Player should
be allowed to destroy a contract that does not personally hold them to
anything simply because they oppose it. e.g. I should be allowed to create
First Bank in the future, though the fixed rules should mean it wouldn't
function as a haven for dirty money. I should also be allowed to create an
assassination corporation in which people pay me and my squad to eliminate
certain undesirables. Company can be held legally responsible for murders of
course, (this is just an example) but someone who knows themselves to be a
target should be allowed to just stop the establishment o such a corporation
unilaterally.

BP