Jamie Dallaire on Tue, 20 May 2008 17:31:34 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Proto: New Field Match (Paprika)

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This is good. Just one question: what happens if someone submits a
> consultation regarding this field match? I am assuming that most of the
> ordained players will be interested in playing in the match, and therefore
> won't have access to all the information.

Hmmm good question... I guess this speaks further to the necessity of
properly isolating the Field Match from the rest of the game (like I was
suggesting in the form of avoiding mack tie-ins, for example).

Perhaps we simply outlaw consultations regarding this game? Or at least
relegate them to AFTER the field match has ended? Or we just trust the
dm-type.

Hmmm none of those are all that satisfactory. In either case we'd have to be
extremely SURE of the game working near-perfectly before we start (which as
evidenced by B-Chess is rarely the case).

Perhaps once we agree on a ruleset and way of running it, we can do a few
quick simulations of the game in an open fashion, where everyone can see
each sim-player's private display, their wake-dream state, as well as the
actual gamestate, and try out all the different actions to make sure
everything works fine?

BP