Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 15 May 2008 11:11:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Sock revaluation

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Charles Schaefer <chuckles11489@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> p329 gave the company 10 of each. No one has tracked what the company owns,
> but MiniMin of Detail Murphy used to track player's socks. I'm updating the
> laundry list, which can be found here:
>
> http://b.nomic.net/index.php/Ministries/Laundry

I don't think we ever settled what happened to the socks owned by Antonio
(and subsequently by Wooble) when he forfeited the game.

"There exists an Attribute called "Sockholder" with a Scope of all Socks, a
Range of all Potential Sockholders, and a Default Value of the Company."

At that point there was no rule that said that whatever attribute values
could not be determined with certainty, or when its value ceased to be part
of the range (e.g. Antonio possibly ceasing to be a potential sockholder)
reverted to the default value for that attribute. In fact, I'm not sure
there is such a rule now, anyway... I thought that passed a few nweeks ago,
but I can't find it now.

Same problem applies to Wooble's socks, since I made he and Ivan Hope new
Players (not resuming their old player identity, including sock ownership)
in the MoS upon their return, and no one objected.

So who owns those 4 socks? Are they back in the company's hands?

BP