Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 14 May 2008 20:37:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Wicked queens.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I see the value in the priority list ordering for piece movement, and
> can implement it, though it'll take an extra rday. This means a
> low-numbered active King is going to be hard to catch, since he can
> dodge the bullet after it's fired. I should maybe randomize the board
> turn time so low numbered pieces can't wait till the last known second
> to move.

That's a really good idea, actually, come to think of it. I was thinking
earlier about how, once the need to move first (e.g. to get a vulnerable
piece out of danger) is not present in this game, it becomes potentially
beneficial to wait it out and see what others do before you act. But that is
assuming you know when the turn will end.

If you don't, then this creates a tension between moving late (to use
foreknowledge) and moving early (to make sure you get a move in before the
field turns). Great!

BP

BP