Mike McGann on Fri, 2 May 2008 08:13:02 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] Play Without Work

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:28 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would have to be a very small board for 1 move per week, or the game
> would last forever

Length of game is the hardest part to design. It needs to be long enough to
be interesting, but not too long that it is boring. While it may be one
move, the move might require you to move X amount of spaces in one
direction, so the board doesn't have to be too small. I'll have to run some
simulations to see how it is all going to work out. Maybe one move per nweek
is a too much. A turn of the field could be done after all players have made
their moves or after a certain number of ndays have elapsed. This might work
out better and without being too chaotic and fast. I also want to put in a
registration period so only players who are interested are added to the
board and board size could be based on the number playing. And probably a
way to end the game early if you can prove the outcome. Still working out
the details....

- Hose