Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:26:53 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] [MoC] nweek 140 voting results

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Jamie Dallaire
<bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  So... I'm not sure what you're saying. We are evaluating the proposal
>  right now, indeed. But the proposal (right now) refers to the player
>  known as Wooble when the Proposal was submitted. Is that Player the
>  same as the current Wooble or not?

err, yeah, it would help if I read the proposal clearly before commenting on it.

I'm the same External Force who was the player known as Wooble when
the proposal was submitted.  While I ceased to be a Player for a time,
I'm not sure it makes sense to say that the Player I was previously
ceased to exist and that I'm now a new Player, common sense would seem
to dictate that I'm the same Player, just with attributes
reinitialized at the time I regained the Player-nature.

On the other hand, giving attributes to "the Player known as Wooble at
the time this Proposal was submitted" could be read to have a
retroactive effect on the game, depending on how you view the nature
of identity, the space-time continuum, and Theseus' ship.