Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:01:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-d] [s-b] Beast and Clock

On 2/14/08, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If all are indeed agreed that my usurp occurred on the evening I tried
> it, I stopped the Clock, and we didn't get to nday 9 till last night,
> I will gladly reselect a new Trick.

Actually, I reread Rule 4E71 and there doesn't appear to be any reason
to reselect a Trick, even if Votes For and Votes Against were not
selectable Tricks at the time of the beast's last performance.

Had either of those Tricks been selected by the dice roll, and those
Tricks been nonexistent, the selection process would simply have
failed and the Ranger would have had to roll again in order to select
a valid Trick. As stipulated by the Rule, the 4 valid Tricks all had a
(equal) probability of being chosen, weighted according to their
Response values.

Since neither of the voting tricks was in fact rolled, the issue of
whether they are valid and whether a reroll is necessary does not come
up, and the roll of 6 (IMO) for Devour stands.

MoF BP